Election Protection is working 365 days to advance and defend your right to vote, but you also need to be fully equipped with information and resources to help you cast a ballot on Election Day.
The resources below help guide voters through the election process so they are better informed and empowered to participate in our democracy.
Know Your Rights! State Specific Voter Checklists
You have the right to vote—it’s the law. Use the voter's checklist to find out the 8-10 things voters need to know before heading to the polls on Election Day.
Use & Promote the 1-866-OUR-VOTE Hotline
The Election Protection Hotline, 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683), is the only live nationwide voter assistance hotline. Voters can call the Hotline to receive answers to their questions – no matter how simple or complex – and report problems to be addressed by a highly trained volunteer.
Voters can call the Hotline to:
• Verify registration status
• Find out how to register to vote
• Receive information on early and absentee voting
• Find their polling location
• Receive technical assistance on voter ID acquisition
• Report voter intimidation or deceptive election practices
Use the Election Protection Smartphone App to Educate and Empower Voters
When it comes to registering and voting, having the right information can often mean the difference between casting a ballot and being left out of the process. Americans – particularly young people and communities of color – are much more accustomed to receiving information via their mobile phones. This election cycle, it’s vital for voters to be able to access key information right in the palm of their hand. Organizers can use the Election Protection App to go out into the community to:
• Verify voter registration;
• Register people to vote;
• Look up the polling place of their family and friends;
• Educate voters about key voting rules and regulations for their state;
• See what type of machine they vote on; and
• Contact Election Protection via phone or email to report a problem or get answers to their questions.
Election Protection Resources Brochure
Election Protection offers a variety of resources to empower yourself and others on Election Day. Check out the services we provide by downloading this brochure.
Student Voting Guides
Brennan Center 50 state guide to help students understand the different voting laws and rules in each state so they know how to properly register and vote.